We're looking for AV talent
We are currently looking to expand our team with talented and enthusiastic individuals.
Trainee Audio Visual Specialist
The role of trainee audio visual specialist involves providing support to senior team members in all technical aspects of the business. Ultimately the end goal is successful project delivery and timely completion. This will involve working alongside senior members of the team and other industry professionals on projects of varying sizes and in differing locations throughout the UK and occasionally in Europe.
Full training will be provided simultaneously by way of shadowing senior team members delivering live projects for our customers. Quieter periods will see the successful applicant complete set tasks and exercises designed to improve knowledge and develop stronger understanding of the industry from home or a location of their choosing, along with industry recognised training courses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following once they have received suitable training as deemed necessary.
- • Assisting in GUI design – this will include making minor changes to touch panel designs based on client feedback.
- • Assisting in off-site testing and staging of systems alongside a commissioning engineer.
- • Assisting in on-site commissioning of systems alongside a commissioning engineer.
- • Completion of test documentation.
- • Firmware upgrades and IP addressing of equipment.
- • Minor programming changes.
- • Communicating with clients and providing site progress and completion reports.
The Ideal Candidate
With this being a trainee position all training will be provided, however the ideal candidate must possess most or all of the following qualities.
- • Good timekeeping.
- • Willingness to learn through study of technical documents & manuals and from senior team members.
- • Willing to travel and spend a maximum of 4 nights consecutively away from home.
- • Ideally be from a technical engineering background although not essential.
- • A logical thinker.
- • Good communication skills both face-to-face and via email or video link.
This position would be well suited to recent graduates in a technical subject, although all applicants will be considered.
Over time the trainee will eventually be guided into an area of the business deemed suitable by both the employee and the employer. This specialisation into a self-sufficient control system programmer or commissioning engineer will see the individual go to site un-supervised to meet with other industry professionals to carry out work. Full support will be given throughout this transition period.
If you think that you have what it takes, email email@example.com with a brief description of yourself and why you think you are right for this role, along with a current CV in pdf format.